Online Webcam English Classes
I have been teaching French and German business people English in online webcam classes since 2013. I have limited myself to doing one-to-one classes and the majority of my learners are at the lower levels.
This learning method is extremely effective: I have many returning students and test results rarely fall below 70%.
The question has to be why is it so effective? Here are my thoughts after doing it regularly for five years;
- It appeals to motivated students who are prepared to fit classes into their work schedules.
- The course material is of universal use to business people and is supplemented by customised material created by me to give the learner more detail in specific areas of interest.
- One-to-one is ideal for bonding with the learner. It’s very rare that I don’t find a way of building the trust and self-confidence of the learner.
- It’s very time-efficient: if a beginner is struggling to understand say an English grammar point presented in English, I can explain it in their language too.
- The intensive nature of the virtual classroom seems to help me to focus much more than in an actual classroom on what the learner is saying: as a result my correction and review work with learners is exceptionally well-targeted.
- If I wanted to improve my Spanish (which has been on my ‘to do’ list for some time!!!), online webcam classes are the route I would take.